Friendship, Forgiveness, and the Founders of the Salesian Tradition
Friendship, Forgiveness, and the Founders of the Salesian Tradition: Essays on Francis de Sales and Jane de Chantal by Marie-Patricia Burns, VHM.
This little 100 page volume was arranged together with the author but only published after her untimely death. She was an American who entered the Visitation in Toledo, OH at age 21 but lived the longest portion of her consecrated life (1967-2005) in the monastery in Annecy, Francis where she became internationally known as the archivist there, most notably for her study in the letters of St. Jane de Chantal. Paperback 6 x 9”.
After an Introduction by Oblate Joseph Chorpenning, there is a listing of the publications of Marie-Patricia Burns, VHM, and then the essays: (St. Francis de Sales = SFS)
- Two Friends: SFS and Antoine Favre
- Three Unpublished Letters of SFS to Antoine Favre
- Encountering Mother de Chantal in Her Letters
- Jane de Chantal and Tradition
- Jane de Chantal, Mystic
- Jane de Chantal and Forgiveness
- The Origins and Development of the Spiritual Directory (Found on her computer after her death.;)
In stock (can be backordered)